Highlights scientific programme Toronto Congress
Did you take a look at the scientific programme for the 35th International Congress of ISBT in Toronto yet?
If not, you can find some of the highlights here:
- The Congress will be opened by the Local Day (Saturday June 2, 2018), which is organised by the Canadian Society of Transfusion Medicine and will focus on 200 years of Transfusion Medicine.
- The Academy Day (Sunday June 3, 2018) will be dedicated to various subjects including Apheresis and donors, Organisation and Quality in Transfusion Medicine, Using Simulation in Clinical Practice and the Immunohaematology of the Kell, Gerbich, MSN and Kidd blood group systems, amongst others.
- The plenary sessions will focus on Arboviruses (Monday, 10.30) and Platelets (Wednesday, 10.30) and on the last day there will be an exciting Plenary session (Wednesday, 16.00) on the past, present and future of Transfusion Medicine.
- On Tuesday, June 5 (from 8.30) the Jean Julliard Prize and Presidential Award winners will receive their certificate and give their presentation. The winners of these awards will be announced soon.
- To stimulate the interaction between young researchers, we will again organise the Young Investigators Breakfast (Tuesday, 7.00-8.15), which will allow young researchers to interact with experts in Transfusion Medicine.
- Three Transfusion Practitioner sessions will be organised; two on Monday and one on Tuesday.