Terms & Conditions
1. These General Terms & Conditions apply to all users of the ISBT website. You agree that by clicking “Join Us Now”, “Join ISBT” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not access the ISBT website.
1.2 Services provided by ISBT include:
a. The ISBT Website and all subdomains of www.isbtweb.org including ISBT Congress websites
b. ISBT Education
c. Applications for Support from the ISBT Academy (full, logo, and endorsed courses)
d. Grant, Award, or Prize applications
e. Registration on My ISBT
2. The website and online services offered by the International Society of Blood Transfusion are available to institutions and individuals. By visiting the website and by using services offered on this website (further referred to as “ISBT website”), you indicate your agreement to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not visit the ISBT website.
3. The concept of the ISBT website, including site layout, designs, images, programs, technical set-up, navigation and system features is the property of the International Society of Blood Transfusion (further referred to as “ISBT”) and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The ISBT website may not be reproduced, transmitted, or distributed without the prior written consent of ISBT.
ISBT makes the website http://www.isbtweb.org available on the following terms:
4. The rights for your personal access cannot be transferred, sold or rented to anyone else.
5. You are entitled to access and use the ISBT website for your own personal, non-commercial, use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may download or print articles or other information from the ISBT website.
6. You cannot commercially redistribute, rent, lend, sell or modify articles or other information from the ISBT website without the prior permission of ISBT or the original author of the article and payment of royalties.
7. Any use of articles or other information in whole or in part should include bibliographic citation, including author attribution, date, article title, and a statement as follows: "Retrieved from the ISBT website http://www.isbtweb.org"
8. ISBT reserves the right to refuse access to any individual, network or subscriber at any time.
9. Any articles or other information published on the ISBT website are provided "as is": ISBT or the person placing depositories on the ISBT website, nor any other party involved in the preparation of this material DOES WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Discussions, views, and recommendations as to medical procedures and products are the responsibility of the authors.
10. Users of the ISBT website are advised to consult appropriate medical literature and product information with regard to information mentioned on the ISBT website to verify methods and contraindications.
11. Descriptions of, or references to products or publications neither constitutes nor implies a guarantee, endorsement or support of claims made of that product, publication or service.
12. ISBT makes no representation or warranties with respect to any treatment, action or application of medication by any person relying on the information offered within or through the ISBT website and are not responsible for any injury and/or damage arising there from.
13. If you are using an offline browser that allows you to download content from a site and read it later, all terms of this agreement remain in effect.
14. The ISBT website is permanently under development and changes may be made in the website and programs at any time. In no event shall ISBT or persons placing depositories on the system, nor any other party involved in the preparation of this material be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of data, business interruption, or loss of profits, arising out of the use of or the inability to use the ISBT website.
16. ISBT itself and users of the ISBT website may place links to other websites on the ISBT website. ISBT is not responsible for the content of external websites, this is because:
a. ISBT does not produce them or maintain/update them;
b. ISBT cannot change them;
c. They can be changed without knowledge or agreement by ISBT.
17. The inclusion of a link to an external website on the ISBT website should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website, the content published or the site's owners (or their products or services).
18. You may not, without the approval of ISBT, use the ISBT website to publish or distribute any advertising, promotional material, or solicitation to other users of the ISBT website to use any goods or services. For example (but without limitation), you may not use the ISBT website to conduct any business, to solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law, or to solicit other users to become subscribers of other information services. Similarly, you may not use the ISBT website to download and redistribute public information or shareware for personal gain, or use the facilities and/or services to distribute multiple copies of public domain information or shareware.
19. Users of the ISBT website agree to indemnify, defend and hold ISBT, its board members, directors and employees as well as its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from your use of ISBT services or any content on the ISBT website.
20. The terms of this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between you and ISBT with respect to the ISBT website and ISBT Services and supersede any prior written or oral representations or agreements.
21. ISBT reserves the right to modify the terms of this Agreement at any time.
22. These General Terms & Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of the Netherlands. Any dispute that may arise shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.