The COVID-19 webinars are freely available for everyone. Please click on the links to register. If you can't make it, the webinar recordings are available with open access on ISBT Education: http://bit.ly/ISBTEducationCOVID-19
|SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Testing: Applications, Limitations and Implications for Blood Banks||Mike Busch (US), Christian Erikstrup (Denmark) and Hans Zaaijer (The Netherlands)||June11, 2020|
This webinar was held by Cheuk-Kwong Lee, Chief Executive and Medical Director of the Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service. The aim of the webinar was to share the Hong Kong experience in securing the blood supply during the epidemy in February 2020. The Hong Kong Blood Service had to restore and gain public confidence to give blood during this difficult period.
Yongshui Fu from the Guangzhou Blood Center presents how the blood center dealt with the COVID-19 outbreak.
Hua Shan, Louis M Katz and the TTID WP Chair Mike Busch held a webinar on the the most recent Coronavirus Outbreak. The speakers discussed the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and potential recommendations for blood safety interventions and needed research on levels of RNA/infectious virus in blood and consequent TT risk and PRT efficacy.
- To support the haematology and transfusion communities through the challenging times arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, Wiley and the societies we partner with are providing free access to the content below from across the journal portfolio: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/page/journal/13652141/covid19
- Click here to find information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- The European Hematology Association (EHA) has set up a COVID-19 Hematology Hub where you can find information, discuss and exchange views, and share case reports. https://ehaweb.org/
- The International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) launched its open access COVID-19 resource page and made all ISTH Academy content free.
- COVID-19: What Does It Mean For The Blood Supply? by the South African National Blood Service (SANBS)
- Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) developed materials regarding haemoglobin disorders and COVID-19: https://thalassaemia.org.cy/covid-19-pandemic/tif-material-on-covid-19/
The content of this resource does not necessarily reflect the views of the ISBT. Neither the ISBT nor any person acting on its behalf can be held responsible for any use that may be made of the information in the resource. While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this resource page is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material.