Register for this webinar from the Economist
From donor to patient: solutions for a sustainable plasma market
The Economist will organize a free accessible webinar on Thursday July 8, 2021 at 11.00 am CEST, “From donor to patient: solutions for a sustainable plasma market”.
This webinar will bring together patient representatives, regulators, health experts, industry leaders and academics to examine how supply challenges in the plasma market can be overcome. The questions we will address include:
- What are the patient benefits of plasma-derived medicines?
- How can European nations move towards a sustainable supply of plasma?
- How can plasma donations be increased to reduce reliance on market suppliers and imports?
- What non-monetary incentives could be used to increase plasma donations?
- Should plasma collection be nationalised, like blood? What are the benefits and challenges of the open market in plasma?
- What economic potential does the plasma industry present and how can policies best unlock the opportunities?
- Peter Jaworski, Associate teaching professor, strategy, ethics, economics and public policy, Georgetown University
- Julie Kim, President, plasma-derived therapies business unit, Takeda
- Alice Fulwood, Finance correspondent, The Economist