The deadline to apply for the fellowship is March 6, 2023, at 23:59 CET.
All young investigators 40 years or younger are eligible for the award no matter which country they are working in. Those from very high and high HDI countries may only receive the award once and those from medium and low HDI countries twice.
Please note that in order to apply for the fellowship, you must:
- Be 40 years old or under at the date of the first day of the congress.
- Be the first submitting and presenting author of an abstract which has been accepted for the scientific programme.
- Be able to present your abstract in English.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form which includes a signature of endorsement from their employer or line manager.
- A brief biography which must include an outline of the applicants current position and work and is countersigned by their employer or line manager.
- A statement of motivation for applying for the Fellowship.
- A a copy of the photo page of their passport.
Selection will be based upon the abstract score on review and also the statement of motivation. Preference will generally be given to any applicant receiving an oral presentation. There will be a fair geographical distribution.
All successful applicants will receive complimentary registration to the congress. Transportation and accommodation will also be covered by ISBT.
They will be expected to write a brief report on what learning points they will take back to their laboratory/clinic according to a template provided by the ISBT Scientific Officer and may also be requested to submit a short report to ISBT’s quarterly bulletin, Transfusion Today.