9. Neonatal red blood cell transfusion
- Temporal changes in blood product usage in preterm neonates born at less than 30 weeks' gestation in CanadaTransfusion 2015; 55:1340-1346.
- Anaemia of prematurity: pathophysiology and treatment, Blood reviews 2010; 24:221-225.
- British Commitee for Standards in Haematology Transfusion Task Force: Writing. Transfusion guidelines for neonates and older children, Br J Haematol 2004; 124:433-453.
- Practice guidelines for blood transfusion. American Red Cross; 2007.American Red Cross
- Low versus high haemoglobin concentration threshold for blood transfusion for preventing morbidity and mortality in very low birth weight infantsCochrane Database Syst Rev 2011:CD000512.
- Restrictive versus liberal red blood cell transfusion strategies for preterm infants: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsCurrent Pediatric Reviews 2008; 4:143-150.
- Restrictive versus liberal red blood cell transfusion thresholds in very low birth weight infants: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ Paediatr Child Health 2014; 50:122-130.
- The safety and efficacy of red cell transfusions in neonates: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsBr J Haematol 2012; 158:370-385.
- Transfusion strategies for patients in pediatric intensive care unitsN Engl J Med 2007; 356:1609-1619.
- Effect of fresh red blood cell transfusions on clinical outcomes in premature, very low-birth-weight infants: the ARIPI randomized trialJama 2012; 308:1443-1451.
- Furosemide for packed red cell transfusion in preterm infants: a randomized controlled trialJ Pediatr 2011; 159:913-918 e911.
- Early erythropoietin for preventing red blood cell transfusion in preterm and/or low birth weight infantsCochrane Database Syst Rev 2014; 4:CD004863.