ISBT Academy Support
About the ISBT Academy
The ISBT Academy was founded in 2011 to support applications for education and research activities. In 2013 the ISBT Board decided that the Academy would focus only on education and today ISBT’s education and knowledge activities are facilitated through the Academy.
ISBT Academy Goals:
- Overseeing ISBT Education
- Hosting and/or financially supporting workshops or educational activities
- Supporting educational activities by use of the ISBT logo
Financial funding of an educational activity and use of the ISBT logo
Anyone can apply to the Academy for:
- Funding of an educational activity
- Use of the ISBT logo
- Endorsement of educational courses
Applications should be filled in thoroughly and all requested supporting documentation included. All applications are reviewed by the ISBT Academy Standing committee.
Education and training of healthcare staff involved in blood transfusion is essential. In 2017 ISBT launched a new form of support, the endorsement of educational courses aimed at developing knowledge in transfusion medicine.