This session was held on 13 December 2020, during the virtual ISBT 2020 congress.
The Brains and Hearts - Dealing with Blood Donors session included the following presentations:
1. Eamonn Ferguson: Strategies and theories to attract and retain blood donors: is it just a warm glow?
2. Steven Ramondt: Stopping motives in social media messages about blood donation: an analysis of facebook and twitter posts
3. Lluis Puig: 11 years of project in schools: learning the value of blood donation by organising donation campaigns for parents
4. Kathleen Chell: Non-cash incentive orientation: an evaluation of cost and benefits
5. Anand Deshpande: Using artificial intelligence (AI) to evaluate emotional aspects of the donors – a way forward for donor reaction (ADR) prevention / management
Moderator: Aurora Masip
After the presentations, there was a questions and answers session of about 10 minutes, which is also included in the recording.