Donor Fainting Modules
Fainting is the most frequent complication in blood donors. Donor fainting has a major impact on both donors and the blood establishments since it is uncomfortable for the donors and reduces donor return. For that reason understanding of donor fainting is of great importance for both donors and staff.
The module is developed by the editorial board of the Syncopedia website (www.syncopedia.org), co-sponsored by ISBT and EBA (www.europeanbloodalliance.eu), and the learning activities and certification hosted by the ISBT.
- Short term blood pressure regulation
- Orthostatic dysregulation and emotional faints
- Presyncopal symptoms & sigs
- Postsyncopal symptoms & signs
- Vasovagal syncope
- Timing and explanation of syncope during blood donation
- Prevention of syncope during and after blood donation