The virtual congress ISBT2022 was the 37th International Congress of the ISBT held between June 4-8, 2022.
The Engineered and novel blood products session included the following presentations:
1. Ashley Toye: Immortalised cells as sustainable sources of Universal blood
2. Colton Strong: Platelets modified with mRNA-lipid nanoparticles are functionally similar to clinically transfused platelets in vitro
3. Thomas Klei: Non-DEHP storage of cord blood erythrocytes for transfusion in pre-term infants
4. Nicoletta Orlando: Red cell from cord blood: fractionation protocol optimized according to UCB collection volume
5. Christopher Kim: Deuterium-substituted PUFAs attenuate the storage lesion
MODERATOR: Jason Acker
After the presentations, there was a questions and answers session of about 15 minutes, which is also included in the recording.