Launch of the International Coalition for Safe Plasma Proteins (ICSPP)
The ISBT Working Party on Global Blood Safety initiated the ICSPP as a global coalition to advance access to safe plasma proteins in Low- and Middle- Income Countries.
In cooperation with the World Health Organisation, the coalition will facilitate in-country projects on stepwise enhancement of the quality, safety and volume of domestic plasma; local small-scale preparation of virus-safe clotting factors and immunoglobulins; and progress toward industrial plasma fractionation.
Founding members of ICSPP include:
- International Federation of Blood Donor Organizations
- International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies
- World Federation of Hemophilia
- International Plasma and Fractionation Association
- Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association