The virtual congress ISBT2022 was the 37th International Congress of the ISBT held between June 4-8, 2022.
The Misbehaving antibodies and antigens session included the following presentations:
1. Annie Qiu: Fc-gamma receptor IV is required for enhancing RBC alloimmunization with IGG2c
2. Romy Kronstein-Wiedermann: Transcriptional regulation of the ABO blood group antigen expression and its impact on erythropoiesis
3. Darija Bogdanić: Red blood cell alloantibody evanescence and pretransfusion testing
4. Romy Meier: Laboratory approach for vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) diagnostics: a retrospective study of clinically suspected cases in The Netherlands
5. Sakara Hutspardol: The impacts of a new antibody investigation algorithm on reducing in false-positive warm autoantibody detection at a tertiary care centre in British Columbia, Canada
6. Akira Hayakawa: Elucidation of the underlying mechanism responsible for blood group ABO antigen reduction on erythrocytes in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome
MODERATOR: Thierry Peyrard
After the presentations, there was a questions and answers session of about 15 minutes, which is also included in the recording.