The virtual congress ISBT2022 was the 37th International Congress of the ISBT held between June 4-8, 2022.
The Where would we be without IT? session included the following presentations:
1. Jennifer Davies: Mind the gap – are UK laboratory information management systems supporting safe transfusion practice?
2. Luis Larrea: Assessing the potential of BI-directional connectivity between devices and blood bank information system
3. Richard Gammon: Meeting Blood Demand During the COVID-19 Pandemic Through Use of Data Modelling and Artificial Intelligence
4. Marieke Vinkenoog: Explainable hemoglobin deferral predictions
5. Elisabeth Huis In 't Veld: Can a game see how you feel? Accuracy of an artificial intelligence algorithm able to read your face for symptoms of VVR
6. Brad Bryan: The Biolinked Registry - Linking extraordinary blood donors with the world’s most promising research
MODERATOR: Suzanne Butch
After the presentations, there was a questions and answers session of about 12 minutes, which is also included in the recording.