Our mission is to raise awareness of cellular therapies and support their improvement globally within Transfusion Medicine.
- We cover all the different aspects of cellular therapies
- We provide a platform for discussion, especially when related to transfusion and provide a resource for learning and the exchange of ideas
- We act as an expert group to advise ISBT on matters related to cell therapy
- We also represent ISBT on collaborative work with other international societies including AABB, ISCT, ICCBBA
- We are available to offer expert practical and scientific advice to ISBT members who may want to start stem cell processing and cell therapy programmes
Eye Drops from Human Origin– First EDHO Workshop on Current Standards and Future Developments.
This workshop is organized by the Working Party for Cellular Therapies of ISBT and will be held on March 23-25, 2022.
- Allogeneic and autologous serum eye drops: a pilot double-blind randomized crossover trial. Acta Ophthalmol 2021 Feb 15. doi: 10.1111/aos.14788. PMID: 33590715
- Umbilical Cord Blood and Serum for the Treatment of Ocular Diseases: A Comprehensive Review. Ophthalmol Ther 2020;9 :235-248. doi: 10.1007/s40123-020-00239-9. PMID: 32107737Ophthalmol Ther 2020;9 :235-248. doi: 10.1007/s40123-020-00239-9. PMID: 32107737
- Blood derived treatment from two allogeneic sources for severe dry eye associated to keratopathy: a multicentre randomised cross over clinical trial. Br J Ophthalmol 2020;104:1142-1147. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2019-314859 PMID: 31744796
- Extensive characterization of the composition and functional activities of five preparations of human platelet lysates for dedicated clinical uses. Platelets, 05 Sep 2020, Accepted 26 Oct 2020, Published online: 27 Nov 2020
- Human platelet lysates for human cell propagation. Platelets, 26 Aug 2020, Accepted 23 Oct 2020, Published online: 29 Nov 2020
- Nanofiltration of growth media supplemented with human platelet lysates for pathogen-safe xeno-free expansion of mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy 2020; 22:458-472.
- Heat-treated human platelet pellet lysate modulates microglia activation, favors wound healing and promotes neuronal differentiation in vitro. Platelets, 07 Dec 2019, Accepted 13 Feb 2020, Published online: 27 Feb 2020
- Production and quality Requirements of human platelet lysate: A Position Statement from the working party on cellular therapies of the International Society of Blood Transfusion. Trends in Biotechnology, 2020;38:13-23.
- The neuroprotective activity of heat-treated human platelet lysate biomaterials manufactured from outdated pathogen-reduced (amotosalen/UVA) platelet concentrates. Journal of Biomedical Science, 2019; 26, 89. doi:10.1186/s12929-019-0579-9
- Virus safety of human platelet lysate for cell therapy and regenerative medicine: moving forward yes, but without forgetting the past. Transfusion and Apheresis Science 2019; 58:102674
- Effect of human platelet lysate on the differentiation ability of human adipose-derived stem cells cultured on ECM-coated surfaces. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2019 Dec 7;45:7110-7119
- Past and Future of Neurotrophic Growth Factors Therapies in ALS: From Single Neurotrophic Growth Factor to Stem Cells and Human Platelet Lysates. Frontiers in Neurology, August 2019, 10, Article 835. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2019.00835.
- A double virally-inactivated (Intercept-solvent/detergent) human platelet lysate for in vitro expansion of human mesenchymal stromal cells. Transfusion, 2019; 59:2061-2073.
Eye Drops from Human Origin - First EDHO Workshop on Current Standards and Future Developments was postponed and will be held between March 23 and 25, 2022 in Vienna, Austria. Click here for the flyer.
Scope and Purpose
This workshop will provide a forum for scientists, regulatory authorities, ophthalmologists and transfusion experts on the usage, quality, clinical need and manufacture of eye drops from human origin. Selected scientific lectures from well-known experts will be presented. Key discussion to find commonalities in production and quality issues include the latest scientific knowledge. The aim is to reach consensus on classification, validation and standardization of these products. The active participation from various regulatory agencies will also be an important emphasis of this workshop.
Ample time shall be provided for a highly stimulating personal discussion:
- To exchange knowledge between eye specialists, transfusion
- Specialists and regulators
- To enhance knowledge of eye physicians on properties of EDHO and its regulatory requirements
- To enhance knowledge of transfusion specialists on serum eye drops, the clinical need, patient´s needs
- To develop a common ground for the regulation of EDHO
Some of the content is only accessible for ISBT-members.
To join us, click here.
|Steering Board:||Thierry Burnouf|
We welcome medical professionals e.g. haemato-oncologists, infectious disease experts, doctors, nurses and scientists working in the area of cell and tissue regeneration, as well as other interested individuals e.g. regulatory affairs, specialized nurses, quality managers or scientists.
Interested in joining the Cellular Therapies WP? Please email us.
St. Georges Hospital & Medical School
Stem cell transplantation