The Education subgroup has developed an e-learning module on transfusion reactions for physicians early in their career. This module is accredited by the European Blood Alliance and is freely accessible with no charge.
The I TRY IT programme is an initiative of the ISBT Academy and is tailored to young investigators. The program is led by members of the Transfusion-Transmitted Infectious Disease and Clinical Transfusion Working Parties.
- International Forum on the Collection and Use of COVID‐19 Convalescent Plasma; Protocols, Challenges and Lessons Learned Vox sanguinis (2021)
- Understanding the role of therapeutic plasma exchange in COVID‐19: preliminary guidance and practices Vox Sanguinis (2021)
- ABO blood group and COVID‐19: a review on behalf of the ISBT COVID‐19 working group Vox sanguinis (2021)
- Lessons learned in the collection of convalescent plasma during the COVID‐19 pandemic Vox sanguinis (2021)
- Clinical use of Convalescent Plasma in the COVID‐19 pandemic: a transfusion‐focussed gap analysis with recommendations for future research priorities. Vox sanguinis 116.1 (2021): 88-98.
- Guidance for the procurement of COVID‐19 convalescent plasma: differences between high‐and low‐middle‐income countries Vox sanguinis 116.1 (2021): 18-35.
- Improvement of transfusion practice and reduction in red blood cell utilization in Belgian hospitals: Results of a national survey and benchmarking Vox Sanguinis. (2021)
- A survey of transfusion practitioners in international society of blood transfusion member countries Vox Sanguinis (2020)
- The role of the transfusion practitioner in the management of anaemia ISBT Science Series. (2020)
- Introduction to Blood Transfusion: From Donor to Recipient; Section 15. Safety, health and the environment. ISBT Science Series. (2020)
- Patient Blood Management Recommendations From the 2018 Frankfurt Consensus Conference JAMA. 2019;321(10):983-997. doi:10.1001/jama.2019.0554
- Disaster planning: the role of the transfusion practitioner ISBT Science Series. (2019)
- The role of the transfusion practitioner in the multidisciplinary team ISBT Science Series. (2019)
- Vox Sanguinis International Forum on the use of prehospital blood products and pharmaceuticals in the treatment of patients with traumatic haemorrhage Vox Sanguinis (2018) 113, 701–706
- Transfusion education for nurses and transfusion practitioners in Australia ISBT Science Series. (2018)
- Patient blood management and the importance of the transfusion practitioner role to embed this into practice. Transfusion Medicine. (2018)
- Development of RBC transfusion indications and the collection of patient-specific pre-transfusion information: summary Vox Sanguinis (2017) 112, 487–494
- Patient Blood Management initiatives on a global level: the results of an International Society of Blood Transfusion Survey ISBT Science Series 2017 May, 12, 327–335, doi.org/10.1111/voxs.12356
Patient Blood Management (PBM) is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach aimed at optimising the care of patients who might need transfusion. It puts the patient at the heart of decisions made around blood transfusion, promoting appropriate use of blood and blood components and the timely use of alternatives where available.
Follow our posts on the ISBT social media accounts and share with us yours!