Patient Blood Management (PBM) is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach aimed at optimising the care of patients who might need transfusion. It puts the patient at the heart of decisions made around blood transfusion, promoting appropriate use of blood and blood components and the timely use of alternatives where available. PBM represents an international initiative in best practice for transfusion medicine. The Clinical Transfusion Working Party have put together this resource to help support the wider implementation of PBM. It represents experience from a number of countries and contains 20 chapters on various aspects of PBM.
Please click on the hyperlinks below to access the chapters.
4. Cell salvage - coming soon
6. Reversal oral anticoagulation
9. Platelet Transfusion - coming soon
10. PBM in laboratory testing, near patient testing
13. Major haemorrhage - coming soon
15. Role of tx committee, tx safety officers in PBM - coming soon
16. Patient information and involvement in PBM - coming soon
19. Educational strategies for healthcare professionals - coming soon
The content of this resource has been developed and reviewed by members of the ISBT Clinical Transfusion Working Party and should be used at the discretion of healthcare professionals utilising this clinical resource. The authors or the International Society of Blood Transfusion cannot accept legal responsibility for the content of this resource.