The ISBT Academy was founded in 2011 to support applications for education and research activities. In 2013 the ISBT Board decided that the Academy would focus only on education and today ISBT’s education and knowledge activities are facilitated through the Academy.
ISBT Academy Goals:
- Overseeing ISBT Education.
- Hosting and/or financially supporting workshops or educational activities.
- Supporting educational activities by use of the ISBT logo.
Anyone can apply to the Academy for:
- funding of an educational activity
- use of the ISBT logo
- endorsement of educational courses
Applications should be filled in thoroughly and all requested supporting documentation included. All applications are reviewed by the ISBT Academy Standing committee.
Education and training of healthcare staff involved in blood transfusion is essential. In 2017 ISBT launched a new form of support, the endorsement of educational courses aimed at developing knowledge in transfusion medicine.
To view the list of educational courses that are endorsed by ISBT, please click here.
Applications should be submitted 6 months prior to the event.
There are 2 application deadlines a year:
- April 1
- October 1
The organiser must complete the appropriate application form for Academy support, together with the other necessary documentation including:
- Justification letter, see template below
- Information about the hosting organisation
- Programme of the event (preliminary)
- Detailed event budget indicating what the requested amount will be used for (when applying for financial support), see template below
- A proposed feedback form, see template below
- Report(s) from any previous ISBT Academy funded activities (when applicable).
Please read the guideline carefully before submitting your application.
- Webcasts and Personal Reflections
Watch selected webcasts and interviews (Personal Reflections) with experts recorded at ISBT Congresses.
- Interactive donor fainting modules
In the donor fainting tutorials you will learn about the mechanisms of donor fainting and the recognition and interventions.
- Webinars and Live Journal Clubs
Did you miss the date of a webinar or Live Journal Club? Find here the library of the recordings of these live events.
The Academy is governed by a Standing committee comprised of 12 people with global representation. This committee also acts as the Advisory committee to the Foundation. The Standing committee is Chaired by the two ISBT Vice Presidents. Financial support for the Academy is given by the ISBT Foundation.
1016 TB Amsterdam