This recording captures the first session of Day 1 of the workshop Stepwise Access to Safe Plasma Proteins in Resource-Constrained Countries: Local Production & Pathways to Fractionation, which was held online on Tuesday September 21, 2021.
The programme of the Day 1 was:
1. Introduction of the Workshop: Martin Smid, The Netherlands - Chair ISBT WP GBS
2. Welcome from ISBT: Erica Wood, Australia - President ISBT
3. Session 1. Unmet Needs for Plasma Derived Medicinal Products (PDMP) in Low- and Middle- Income Countries
Moderators: Jean-Claude Faber (Luxembourg – ISBT WP GBS) and Cesar Garrido (Venezuela - WFH)
- Saliou Diop, Senegal - WFH: Coagulation factors (FVIII, VWF, FIX, PCC, fibrinogen, others) 17 min
- Johan Prévot, Belgium - IPOPI: Immunoglobulins (polyvalent) 22 min