Das Billrothhaus der Gesellschaft der Ärzte in Wien Frankgasse 8, 1090 Wien; Plus Code 6976+FV Wien
Meeting room: air-conditioned, all media available. Daylight room. Cinema seating.
You may choose any cab to Vienna, but beware: some are really expensive. So book them in advance. Bus lines are unfortunately not stopping near our venue.
There are very good train services from the airport to the city: It takes at least 40-50 min to get to the venue. It is recommended to buy a 72 hour ticket for the whole transport system of Vienna. You may purchase it for an unbeatable €17,10 in the webshop or directly at the airport at the ticket office of ÖBB or at the ticket machine at the tracks. With this ticket you cannot use the CAT (green line). Trains of the S7-line – direction Floridsdorf - leave every 20 minutes to city center. You can also travel by express train to Vienna main railway station, but this is often more time consuming.
Then you have two choices to switch trains (download the Scotty app to find the quicker one):
- Travel to Wien Praterstern switch to Metro U2 direction Schottentor
- Or step out of S7 in Wien Mitte hop on Metro U4 direction Heiligenstadt and switch to Metro U2 in Schottenring
direction Schottentor. Here you have the choice to switch to Tram nr. 43 or 44 and drive up one stop to “Landesgerichtsstrasse”) or exit the underground at Universitätsstrasse and walk up the Universitätsstrasse until you see the Café “Stadtkind”. Cross the street on your right and walk down to Frankgasse there on your left side nr 8 is the old Billrothhaus.
When arriving at Vienna main train station:
Leave at the east side of the train station and take tram “D” direction “Nußdorf”. You will see all mayor sights of Vienna (Belvedere, state opera house, the whole Ring!). Leave at station Schottentor and walk as above mentioned to the Billrothhaus.
Or take any of the S-Bahn leaving to Parterstern and change to U2 Metro.
One advice: While travelling by train – especially between Wien Meidling-main railway station and the airport keep all your valuables on your lap in the train do not store them in the overhead bin! Switching in Wien Mitte and Praterstern – beware of pickpockets!
Sunshine 10h/day in average. Temperatures between 20 and 11°C, 9 days of short rainy periods in May.
- Rathauspark Wien: Rathausstraße 17, Wien 1010 former home of Stefan Zweig – but fortunately not so depressing and well equipped – currently app. 120 €/night 4 points on Tripadvisor.
- Hotel Regina: Rooseveltplatz 15, 1090 Wien a very very old hotel – if you like to stay in a hotel owned by a family (4th generation) with old furniture app 160€/night 4 points on Tripadvisor.
- Bristol: If you want to stay in a short hop of the state opera house, this is the perfect choice! Luxurious and a former meeting spot of oligarchs and the Third Man. 4,5 points on Tripadvisor.
A plethora of upscale hotels are located in the city (1st district) and do not need further introduction.
State opera offers two operas at the time of our meeting: Le Nozze de Figaro, Boris Gudonow the peoples opera house La cage au folles and Fledermaus
Museums: Kunsthistorisches Museum; Leopold Museum: Vienna 1900 Albertina: Edvard Munch and Ai WeiWei. And a lot more. Additional information will be available at the meeting.