This webinar was originally held on August 25, 2021 and was organised by the Working Party on Blood Supply Management.
1. Aim of the webinar: The use of low titer group O whole blood (LTOWB) is increasing as data showing the benefits of providing blood early in the resuscitation of trauma patients increases. This session will focus on blood center aspects of supporting a hospital LTOWB program featuring speakers from around the world who have firsthand experience.
2. Level of education required (1-5): 3 - intermediate (practical application)
3. What prior knowledge is required? Attendees should be familiar with the use of blood products in trauma resuscitation and should be aware of the literature on the safety and efficacy of LTOWB transfusion
4. Target audience: Blood collectors, transfusion medicine physicians, fellows, administrators of hospitals and blood collection facilities
The programme of the webinar was:
1. Mark Yazer - Clinical Use of LTOWB
2. Eilat Shinar- Implementation of LTOWB in Israel
3. Torunn Oveland Apelseth - Implementation of LTOWB in Norway
4. Pampee Young - Conservation of Rh negative LTOWB and the need for a national conversation to define its use in trauma transfusion protocols